Awal Stationery was established in 1959 as a branch of Mohammed Jalal & Sons Group of companies. The parent Company of Mohammed Jalal & Sons remains a family business with late Mr. Mohammed Yusof Jalal as Chairman. His four sons comprise the Family Board namely: Mr. Jalal M. Jalal, Managing Director, Mr. Ahmed M. Jalal, Director, Mr. Sami M. Jalal, Director and Mr. Fuad M. Jalal, Director.
The Executive Board comprising the Family and key management and financial officers, is responsible for implementing the Group strategy and ensuring that each division and business operates efficiently and profitably.
During the early 1960s and 70s, Mohammed Jalal & Sons acquired agencies for a number of overseas companies, establishing an international network of trading partners which still endures to this day.
As the country began to diversify its infrastructure, it became a major financial center for the region and as such the Mohammed Jalal Group played a key role in putting in place the resources to meet the rising demand for various types of products and services.
Awal Stationery continued to grow and in time has become the largest wholesaler and retailer of stationery items, holding a wide portfolio of branded items from world-wide suppliers such as:
1) Pentel Co. Ltd. – China Stationery items such as: Roller Pens & Ball Pens;
Automatic Pencils; Markers; Water Based Ink Pens;
Correction Pens, Tapes & Glue; Art Materials; etc.
2) Setten& Durward Ltd. – U.K. Premier Grip Suspension Files
3) Durable Huncke&Jochheim – Sax Staplers & Staple Pins; Files & Folders; Name
Germany Badge; Computer Accessories; etc.
4) Esselte-Leitz GmbH Co. – Laminators; Box Files; Binding Machines; Punch;
Germany Staplers; etc.
5)Brilliant– Malaysia Filling Accessories.
6) Ningbo Deli – China Stationery products such as: Paper Trays; File
Cabinets; Staplers & Staple Removers; Punch;
Push Pins; Scissors; Cutter Knife; Book-ends;
Pen Stands; Waste Bins; etc.
7) Sailing International-China Thermal Roll
8) Srup Anan Plastics Co. Ltd. Rubber Bands
9) Sinar – Indonesia Writing Pads, Registers, Note Cubes etc.
10) BomoCypap – Brazil Photocopy Paper CHAMEX
11) USGIN – China Stationery products such as: Paper Trays; File
Cabinets & Dividers.
12) Montague Bag Factory – China Schools Bags
13) Civors Staionery Co. Ltd. Correction Pens
14) OSKAR (Sckriss) –Turkey Executive Pens.
15) OrnaIplast – Italy Leather Desk Sets.
16) April Fine Paper Trading Photocopy paper A4
With the rising demand for products as the country began to diversify into the non-oil sector, Awal Stationery continued its development by including Office Furniture and Office Equipment in its product portfolio.
Among the Office Furniture & Office Equipment items Awal deals in includes:
1) Kinsha Works – Malaysia Office Chairs
2) Uchida Yoko Co. Ltd – Japan Fire Proof Filing Cabinets & Desking Systems
3) Godrej &Khimji – Oman Metal Furniture such as: Filing Cabinets; Lockers, etc.
4) Zhixing Furniture Co. Ltd. Executive Office Desks, Bookcases, Coffee Tables,
China Office Sofa Sets etc.
5) Top Plus Office Furniture Co. Executive Office Desks, Bookcases, Coffee Tables,
Ltd. – China Office Sofa Sets etc.
6) Flekssit- Turkey Executive Office Desks, workstations, Bookcases, Coffee Tables, Office Sofa Sets, Chairs etc.
7) Solenne- Turkey Executive Office Desks, workstations, Bookcases, Coffee Tables, Office Sofa Sets, Chairs etc.
Awal also deals in Office Equipment such as:
1) Olympia Business Systems Photocopiers, Typewriters
2) DahleBurotechnik GmbH & Co. Shredders, Trimmers; Cutters; Guillotines; etc.
3) Khalifeh Group (Kalboard) Magnetic White Boards; Cord Boards; Notice
Jordan Boards; etc.
4) Uchida Yoko Co. Ltd. – Japan Safes, Time Recorders
Educational Lab Items. (Back To back Order)
1. Carolina Biological Supplies – USA – Lab items such Chemical, models, Microscopes etc.
2. NTL Supplier – Austria -Lab items Such Gauges , Thermometers , Balances etc.
3. EDU Labs – Egypt -Lab items such Chemical, models, Microscopes etc
Educational Books(Back to back Order)
In due course of time Awal expanded its portfolio by dealing in Educational Books for the enhancement of English Learning for Bahraini students.
Awal is the leading supplier of Educational Textbooks to the Government Schools under the Ministry of Education supplying books from well-known Publishers. Awal also supplies educational text books to various universities, colleges, schools and private institutions in Bahrain such as: University of Bahrain, Bahrain Bayan School, Sacred Heart School, Delmon University, etc.
Some of the Publishers from whom Awal procures books are:
1) Oxford University Press – U.K.
2) Cambridge University Press – U.K.
3) National Geography ELT Cengage -UK
4) Harcourt Education – U.K.
5) Nelson Thornes Ltd. – U.K.
6) Penguin Books Ltd. – U.K.
7) Book Point Ltd. – U.K.
8) Pearson Education Ltd . – U.K.
9) McGraw Hill Publishing Co. – U.K.
10) Macmillan Education – U.K.
11) Houghton Mifflin Co. – U.K.
12) School Specialty – USA
Awal also procures books from well-known Arabic Publishers from Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and other Middle East countries for the University students.
Awal Stationery presently has two Showrooms in Bahrain located one at Hoora,and Sheikh Salman Road, one Showroom dealing in Stationery items, educational books and the other in Office Furniture & Equipment.
Awal has a spacious Warehouse located in Sitra Industrial Area where the entire portfolio of around 4,000 to 5,000 items are stored.
Among the many esteemed clients to whom we have been supplying our products and services over the years are:
Banks, Bahrain Airport Service, Gulf Air, Ministries, Insurance Companies, AA Nass,Cebarco,Aluminum Bahrain (ALBA), All Government Schools under the Ministry of Education, Private Schools & Institutions, University of Bahrain and other private universities as well as many other corporate clients.
We are participating in several Government Tenders for Stationery, Office Furniture, Equipment& Educational Books.
To become a truly global retail brand by retaining our No.1 position in the organized retail sector of the regions we operate in and strive to be the most preferred employer for our current and future multi-ethnic employees.
To provide a unique shopping experience to our customers with unmatched quality in terms of products & services, while continuously exploring new market opportunities and adding value to all our business associates